“Know your place, know where you’re strong, and then get the heck out of the way.”
Alaina is the Founder of Women in Digital, an association that “connects, supports and inspires like-minded digital nerd ladies.” For years, Alaina worked as an advertising copywriter by day and had a highly successful blog by night, Ms. Single Mama. She also founded Cement Marketing agency which is now one of the leading digital agencies in the Midwest.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why she started a blog about being a working single mother.
- What factors she thinks contributed to her blog becoming as big as it did and how the learning and connections shaped her career.
- Her experience with sexism in the workplace and how that led to her leaving agency life.
- Her proudest memory since launching Cement Marketing.
- Her experience recognizing that she needed to invest in her own “management makeover”.
- Why she formed Women in Digital and what she envisions for the organzation.
“I realized sexism not only existed but it was costing me tens of thousands of dollars.”
Find out more: