“The last glass ceiling is the female drag queen.”
In episode 35, Jackie and I chatted live about her experience becoming a female drag queen, what Lady Gaga can teach us about loyalty, and how she learned to take risks with confidence.
Jackie is a bestselling author of three books on customer loyalty, including Monster Loyalty: How Lady Gaga Turns Followers into Fanatics. Her fourth and latest book, is a creative approach to the serious problems people face regarding confidence called Fiercely You: Be Fabulous and Confident by Thinking Like a Drag Queen. Jackie is also a sought after keynote speaker, a Forbes.com contributor, an 11-year IBM veteran and made history with the first ever TED Talk to be done by a female drag queen.
- Her journey in becoming a female drag queen and what she learned from that experience about building personas, building confidence. Check out her drag performance at the International Drag Festival.
- How she got to be the first female drag queen to do a TEDx Talk, including getting rejected (?!) in her first attempt. It’s amazing – watch it here: Unleash the power of your inner drag queen | Jackie Huba | TEDxVancouver
- Why she wrote about Lady Gaga in order to teach customer loyalty strategies.
- How she translates these topics into workshops and speaking engagements.
- Why taking risks is the biggest leadership lesson she has learned over her career.
Connect with Jackie Huba: